Pipes in Journey Names cause issues with Journey Reports
Last updated 2021-02-16 ·Reference W-4116502 ·Reported By 3 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release January 2021
If you use pipes (|) in the names of Journeys, it throws off the parsing of the names in the Journeys to select to report on.
1. Create a Journey named something like "zJourney_1" and add an email activity to it.
2. Copy the Journey and add a pipe to the name "Journey_2 | Test123".
3. Add audiences/start the Journey
4. Go to the reporting app and create a Journey Builder Email Send Summary report
4. Note that the report returns unexpected results.
Delete Journeys that have a pipe in them if possible. For Journeys that have not previously been activated, the pipe (|) can be removed from the name. After a Journey has been activated, the option to re-name it is no longer available.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.