In lightning experience, New notes shared to other user is downloading as a SNOTE file
Last updated 2018-01-06 ·Reference W-4104307 ·Reported By 1 users
In lightning, if notes is shared to a user, the notes shared email is sent. This provides a clickable notes subject link. Upon clicking the notes subject, rather than taking to the related Notes record page, it forces to download the snote file instead.
1. Switch to lightning experience.
2. Go to Accounts tab and open any account record.
3. In the notes related list, click new button and enter subject and its details.
4. Share the notes to any other user.
5. An email is sent to the user which it shared with from step 4.
6. Click the Subject notes from the email and it will open a new browser tab with a salesforce login page.
7. Enter Credentials
8. Now notice that the file snotes is ready to download.
Note: This happens when the user is in lightning experience only.
Switch to classic before you click the notes' subject from the email. Alternatively, in the same email there is a second link located just under the words "To view the file, go to:" that should navigate correctly to the note editor in lightning.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.