Record Type Default isn't honored when multiple fields use the same global value set in Classic
Last updated 2017-09-08 ·Reference W-4094072 ·Reported By 9 users
Record Type Default isn't honored when multiple fields use the same global value set in Classic.
1. Create a Global value set with the following picklist values(1,2,3,4)
2. In a custom object, create 2 custom picklist field that use the global value set
3. In that custom object, create 2 record types and 2 page layouts i.e, rt1, rt2
4. Set page layout assignment accordingly.
5. In record type set a default value for 1 of the custom picklist field other than --None-- i.e., 1 value while the other custom picklist field leave the default as --None--
Defaults should be based on RT
Default is non-deterministic for these fields.
No workaround has been identified at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.