Attachments of an article are not visible in the article translation detail page after export,import for article translations
Last updated 2018-01-06 ·Reference W-4068608 ·Reported By 1 users
When user tries to 'export articles for translation' and later 'import the translations' into the system, the attachments(custom file fields) are not visible in the UI. Adding new attachment will not save thereafter.
1. Create an article
2. enable multiple languages as translations.
3. attach a file(any extension say X.png)
4. submit for translation (to Portuguese(Brazil) assigned to user)
5. Check the translation, the translation will not contain the attachment(this is expected), attach a file(say Y.png).
6. Save and Publish the translation
7. Publish the article.
8. Now edit the main article to create a new draft version.
9. The attachment is retained in the new draft version created.
10. Now, submit for translation(to Portuguese(Brazil) assigned to user-queue).
11. Check the translation (assigned to user-queue), the translation now contains the attachment(Y.png).
12. Export the article for translation now.
13. In the zip, you can see that the attachment is available.(X.png is available)
14. Extract, modify some rta field(just to be sure, that the import is successful).
15. Zip the files and import the zip.
16. Now navigate to the draft translations and check the draft translation, you will not find the attachment.
1) After the import, published the translation and the master version.(No need to check 'Flag as new version')
2. Now, navigate to Published translations
3. Click 'Edit', you should see that the attachment is available.
4. You can save and publish it now to retain the attachment.
If workaround #1 doesn't work, omit the attachment in the import and manually attach.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.