Chatter Posts and Files aren't returned in "Search Feeds" global search results after enabling "Encrypt Chatter"
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-4072322 ·Reported By 1 users
Chatter posts and files uploaded after enabling the "Encrypt More Data in Chatter Feeds (Pilot)" feature:
Are not properly returned in Global Search's "Search Feeds" results.
1. Create a Permission set with the "Manage Encryption Keys" & "View Encrypted Data" permissions and assign it to your user record:
2. Enable Platform Encryption:
3. Enroll your organization in the Encrypt More Data in Chatter Feeds (Pilot).
4. Enable the "Encrypt Files and Attachments" & "Encrypt Chatter" check boxes in Setup, Security Controls | Platform Encryption.
5. Upload a File and/or create Chatter posts.
6. Use your post's contents or the uploaded File's name as search terms and click the "Search Feeds" option in Global Search results.
Actual Results: The posts created and files uploaded in step 5. after enabling "Encrypt Chatter" are not returned in "Search Feeds" results.
Expected Results: All posts and files should be returned via "Search Feeds" regardless of whether or not "Encrypt Chatter" is enabled.
None at this times outside of disabling the "Encrypt Chatter" preference to turn off the Encrypt More Data in Chatter Feeds (Pilot) so that subsequent posts and files aren't affected.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.