Can't upload a file
Last updated 2017-06-22 ·Reference W-3969530 ·Reported By 5 users
When uploading a file, you may get an error "Can't upload a <Filename>" or "Can't add 1 file to <ObjectName>".
This issue is cause by "Content Versions" not having any record type assign. By default, this should have a value.
1) Go to any object (Ex: Case) that has Files related list.
2) Upload a file.
Result: You may get error: "Can't upload a <Filename>" or "Can't add 1 file to <ObjectName>".
1) Go to the profile of the user that is doing the upload.
2) Scroll down to "Record Type Settings" related list.
3) Edit "Content Versions" and add at least one value.
4) Also add a "Default Record Type" value
6/22/2017: If you're continuing to encounter this behavior despite this Known Issue being fixed, please review the following Knowledge Article for more details:
Can't upload a <FileName> or Can't add 1 file to <ObjectName> when uploading a File
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.