In lightning experience, the validation error message on campaign member object is not being displayed correctly when it is triggered.
Last updated 2017-09-08 ·Reference W-3836773 ·Reported By 8 users
In lightning experience, when a Campaign member validation rule is triggered rather than displaying the actual error message defined in the validation rule, the following error message is being displayed "The selected contacts or leads are already members of CampaignName with the same status."
1. Login to classic
2. Setup a validation rule on campaign member
3. Create a Campaign and add a campaign member that will trigger the valdation rule. The validation error message is correct.
4. Now, switch to lightning experience.
5. Go to the same campaign record created in step 3. Then go to Campaign Member related list and click add contact or add lead.
6. From the list, select the check box against the record your want to be added in the campaign and then click Add Campaign button.
7. Insert for the campaign name and click submit. Notice that validation error message is different as defined in the setup and it will be displayed as follows:
"The selected contacts or leads are already members of Campaign with the same status"
No workaround has been identified at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.