Standard pages do not respect Page Variation visibility settings and displays on Nav Menu when user has no access
Last updated 2017-05-09 ·Reference W-3705549 ·Reported By 1 users
Users without access to specific page variations such as Topic Catalog will still see the page in the Nave Menu even if their Profile is excluded. Clicking on the link will load the default community Error page.
1. Login to the org as an admin.
2. Go to Setup > All Communities > Builder (Name Of Already Created Community)
3. Using the page selection drop down select Topic Catalog and then select the settings icon to view the Page variation.
4. Under Actions select option to edit the audience criteria and note the profiles selected. Set the visibility to only allow admins to view.
5. Add the Topic Catalog page as a Nav Menu item in the Builder.
6. Navigate to the internal org and locate a partner or community Contact that is a member of the previously mentioned community.
7. Using the Manage External User button select Login As Community User.
8. Note that the Topic Catalog Nav Menu Item should be visible even though visibility is set for admins only.
9. Clicking on the Menu item should then bring you to the default error page.
None. You may want to adjust the error message on the error page in the Community Builder to provide some direction to your users advising that they may not have access to the page they are trying to load.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.