Error Page is thrown in Community Builder when a page contains an invalid ID within a standard component
Last updated 2017-05-09 ·Reference W-3446319 ·Reported By 1 users
When a standard component on a Community Builder page contains an invalid ID for the URL, the page will direct the user to the Error Page when attempting to load.
This will also occur when attempting to view an article detail page in an alternate language and there is no translated version of the example record that is loaded for the default language.
Using Knowledge Articles as an example:
1. Setup knowledge in an org.
2. Create a community from one of the templates that support knowledge (Koa, Kokua, Napili).
3. Go to Community Builder.
4. Open the 'Article Detail' page in page editor.
5. Select the 'Article Content' component.
6. Change the 'URL Name' property to any value that is NOT the url name of an existing article e.g. non-existent-article.
7. After changing, the page redirects to the site 'error' page.
8. Try to open the page again in Community builder.
Create a new page variation for the page type and set the new variation as the Default. You can then remove the old variation.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.