'Related Contact' related list doesn't show contacts with private OWD
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-3751791 ·Reported By 3 users
In both Classic and Lightning: With private OWD with Accounts and Contacts, non-admin end users can't see records in 'Related Contact' related list.
Assume org with private OWD for both Accounts and Contacts object
1. Admin user logs into Salesforce
2. Admin user navigates to Account record, Acme
3. Admin creates new contact from either "Related Contact" related list or "Contacts" related list. For example, Tim Johnson.
4. Non-Admin user logs into Salesforce. Assume Non-Admin user has Profile with "View All" and "Modify All" access for Contact object.
5. Non-Admin navigates to Acme account record
6. Non-Admin user can see newly created Tim Johnson contact record in "Contact" related list. However, Non-Admin user can't see Tim Johnson in "Related Contact" related list.
*Same issue happens with "Related Accounts" related list.
Add "Contact" related list to layout
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.