Note created using New Note button in Chatter Group, via Lightning Experience, isn’t associated to Chatter Group listed in Related field
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3713071 ·Reported By 4 users
Users may observe that a newly created Note record, using the New Note button in a Chatter Group, via Lightning Experience, isn’t visible in that Group’s feed, even when the Related field in the note creation dialog box auto-populated the Chatter Group name. Subsequently, viewing the new Note record under Files, via Classic, the Shared With setting does not include the group that was specified during creation.
The New Note button wasn't intended to appear on Chatter groups within Lightning Experience. The following will be observed once a fix is deployed for this known issue:
- administrators wont be able to add the New Note button to Chatter groups via the related layout, and
- the New Note button will be removed from existing Shatter Group page layouts
1. Go to a Chatter group
2. On the upper right corner, select New Note
3. Input necessary information (Subject, details) and then click Done (Related field should already reflect name of group)
4. View feed, Most Recent Activity, for that group, new Note record isn’t visible
5. Refresh page, record still doesn’t appear in feed
6. Go to Files tab of perform search to locate and open the newly created record
7. Open the newly created Note
8. Click Sharing button at bottom right of Note record
9. Who Can Access does not list the name of the expected Chatter group
10. Use Share With field above Who Can Access to share with Test group
11. Go back to Chatter tab and select Test group > Note record should be visible in feed
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.