Users see records under Recently Viewed (Most Recently Used) even after they lost access to these records
Last updated 30 days ago ·Reference W-3690246 ·Reported By 29 users
Some customers may have observed that their end users are able to see results under the Recently viewed Section of a lookup field despite restrictions due to sharing access restrictions.
This is not limited to just Lookup fields, users will also see this record under 'Recent Items' on the side bar and when searching for the record name in Global Search, it will come as a suggestion under recent items, if you click on it, it will give you an 'Insufficient Privileges' error.
From an access perspective, the user cannot save the record nor can they see its contents via global search or any other means.
1. Create an Account Record logged in as User A [ Admin ]
2. Log in as User A [ Admin ] | Go to Setup | Sharing Settings | change OWD for Accounts to 'Private' [ this should automatically change the OWD for the rest to Controlled by Parent]
3. Go back to the Account Record you created in Step 1 | Click on 'Sharing' | Extend manual sharing access to this account record to User B [ This user should NOT have Modify All Data, View All Data at the profile or object level]
4. Log in as User B [ Non - Admin ] | Create an Oppty Record | Select the 'Account Record' you created in Step 1 under the Account Name Lookup | Save. [ you can delete this Opportunity later if you want]
5. Log in as User A [ Admin ] | Repeat Step 2 | this time, remove the access extended to User B [ Non- Admin ] via 'Manual Sharing'
6. Repeat Step 4 | Create a New Opportunity | Click on the 'Account Name' Lookup | Here you'll see the Account Record created in Step 1 under the 'Recently Viewed Accounts' Section.
7. You will also see this record under 'Recent Items' on the side bar | hover over the record and you'll see that User B cannot access this record due to lnsufficient privileges
8. Try searching for the record name in Global Search, it will come as a suggestion under recent items, if you click on it, it will give you an 'Insufficient Privileges' error
1. Create a new test Opportunity record while logged in as the affected user
2. Populate the lookup field with something other than the MRU record
4. Edit the Lookup field, and change to a new value other than the MRU record.
6. Continue that process until the MRU record no longer shows in the Recently Viewed records.
Reported By (29)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.