When in lightning UI the first field value will display as blank if the field is a lookup field on related list
Last updated 2022-04-08 ·Reference W-3624423 ·Reported By 69 users
In a Related List, if the first field is a Lookup field, the field component is not rendered (blank value). This behavior only occurs when using the Lightning UI and Communities that use the Lightning UI (e.g. Napili, Koa, Kokua).
1. Create a custom object or use a standard object.
2. From the object create a lookup field to any standard object such as Accounts.
3. Once the field is created navigate to an Account record with the newly generated related list and ensure that lookup field is in the first column by editing the Account page layout.
4. Create a new record for the custom object and confirm the record is displaying in the related list.
5. Switch to Lightning and view the Account record. Notice that when the the related list is in List View the field label will display but the label is blank.
6. Additionally, if you create a new custom Lightning Page for the record detail and select Tile view for related lists no label or value will display.
You can use the Classic UI as this only affects the Lightning user interface. If the classic UI is not an option, the field value will display if the field is not the first one in the related list.
Reported By (69)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.