Default internal access to Contact, Case, or Opportunities will be different in Lightning when setting Account Teams
Last updated 2018-01-25 ·Reference W-3175694 ·Reported By 13 users
When setting Account Team members in Lightning, the available access for related Contacts, Cases, or Opportunities will show different default values compared to when adding members in Classic.
Additionally, if role access on child Cases, Contacts and Opportunities for the user adding is set to no access, Lightning will still display Read and Read/Write. Classic will correctly only allow Private access be set.
1) Set the role access for a user for Cases, Contacts, and Opportunities they do not own on Accounts they do own to No Access.
2) Create an Account and set the above user as the Account owner.
3) Login as that user and then access the Account in the Classic UI.
4) Now add an Account Team member and note the access values allowed for Cases, Contacts, and Opportunities. Private is the only available option (This is correct).
5) Switch to Lightning UI and perform the same operation.
6) Notice that on Cases, Contacts, or Opportunities the default value is no longer Private.
7) Click Save and an Error will occur in Lightning if you attempt to grant access other than Private on Contacts, Opportunities, or Cases.
"insufficient access rights on cross-reference id"
Use the Classic User Interface while adding Account Team members. Although Lightning will display incorrect available access levels when adding members, it will generate an error if an invalid value is selected. There is no risk of unintended access.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.