Formula field0(Owner:User.EmployeeNumber) fails to fetch owner details on OpenActivities, while it works on Task object alone
Last updated 2017-05-09 ·Reference W-3593018 ·Reported By 5 users
When a query runs on a particular object to query OpenActivities in an inner query, the formula field on Task returns NULL.
- Create a lookup on activities for ACCOUNT.
- Create a field on Activities as formula field: Owner:User.EmployeeNumber
- Create an Activity with ACCOUNT(id say: 001000000000001) as lookup record which has an owner.
- Create a field on Contact Object as formula field: Owner.EmployeeNumber
- Create a contact record with ACCOUNT(id say: 001000000000001) as lookup record which has an owner.
Run the below query:
SELECT Id ,(Select Id, OwnerId, formula_field__c From OpenActivities), (Select Id, OwnerId, formula_field__c from Contacts) FROM ACCOUNT WHERE Id ='001000000000001'
The result will be NULL for Task.formula_field__c
Run query on task independently. Do not use inner query.
Select Id, OwnerId, formula_field__c From Task where AccountId='001000000000001'
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.