Winter '17: Employee Login link is not populated on community login page when open it without startURL
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-3568776 ·Reported By 2 users
When going to a community login page with URL https://<community_url>/<path_prefix>/s/login, the "Employee Login" link is non-functional. Clicking on it doesn't redirect to the employee login page.
Note: This issue began with Winter '17.
Note: If you instead go to community page https://<community_url>/<path_prefix>/s then click "login" link, the Login page will have a a "startUrl" parameter in the URL, and the "Employee Login" link will work.
1. Create a community on Napili template.
2. Go to community builder and click "Publish"
3. Go to community management (Setup | All Communities | Manage > Administration > Settings), and click on 'activate community'.
4. Open https://<community_url>/<path_prefix>/s/login and see the "Employee Login" link is non-functional.
Should be redirected to login as an Employee.
Link is non-functional in Preview and in Active, Published Communities.
- Instruct employees to login directly to their internal organization.
- Consider enabling the "Allow internal users to log in directly to the community" setting from Login & Registration in Community Management.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.