The order of the Actions in the layout affects the picklist values available when creating a Macro.
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-3002477 ·Reported By 7 users
If a record page layout has multiple quick actions (Global Actions) from the same entity but based on different Record Types, the Macro instructions for each Quick Action will have only the picklist values from the 1st Quick Action on the page layout. This is resulting in a user being unable to choose picklists value for a specific record types when creating Macros.
1) Create a custom object (Custom_Object__c) with a custom Picklist (Custom_Picklist__c)
2) Give the picklist at least 2 values
3) Create 2 Record Types for the above object. For both Record Types, select 1 of each of the above values to ensure both record types have different picklist values
4) Now create 2 Global actions under: Setup -> Build -> Create -> Global Actions -> Global Actions
5) Both global actions are to be against the Custom_Object__c but each with different record types. You do not need to add predefined values.
6) Add both actions to the Case Layout, Record Type 1 & then Record Type 2 beside it (making Record Type 1 1st, left to right)
7) Now go to the Service Cloud Console and Click on the Macros service cloud component
8) Click "+ Create Macro" and follow these steps:
- "+Add Instruction"
- "Select Active Case Tab". Done
- "Select Record Type 2 Action". Done
- "Set Custom Picklist"
Result: Picklist Values are the values from Record Type 1 and not 2 as selected in the Macro instructions
There is no workaround at the moment.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.