"edit setup, delete setup" appear under object settings for users with MAD using enhanced profile layouts
Last updated 2017-05-16 ·Reference W-2481633 ·Reported By 4 users
When using Enhanced Profile user interface and viewing a profile with Modify all Data permissions, users see extra object permissions of "edit setup, delete setup".
1) Log into any org with enhanced profile layouts enabled
2) Open up a profile with "modify all data" checked
3) Select an Object, like Accounts, and go to the Object Settings.
4) You will see under “object permissions” there are two items that appear “Edit Setup, Delete Setup” - that don’t appear when not using the “enhanced profile” layout and that don’t appear if the user doesn’t have MAD.
5) If you go back to User Interfance and disable the enhanced profile page layout and return to steps 2-4, those perms are gone. If you remove MAD from this profile, they are gone as well.
Disable Enhanced Profile layouts, or just ignore the two settings until resolution.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.