"Unknown error" popup when attempting to open a record in the console
Last updated 2016-07-28 ·Reference W-2692918 ·Reported By 7 users
In orgs with a lot of data, opening a record within the Console may result in an "Unknown Error" pop-up message appearing. Typically the console will be unresponsive for up to 30 seconds before showing the error
If you notice this error occurring in the console, and wish to verify if this particular issue is the cause you can do so by following these steps:
1. From a chrome browser open the console.
2. Right-click on the console and select "inspect element"
3. Click the "Network" tab
4. Click on a record to bring up the pop-up error. Repeat until the error pops up
5. If this particular issue is the cause of the error appearing you will see a request to "ServiceDeskServlet" which is cancelled and is approximately 30 seconds in length.
You need an org with a lot of data to see this happen, bear in mind too that the error is sporadic:
1) Add a custom console component of Related List to an object with a lot of records. A good example is Live Chat Transcripts due to an existing bug where it loads all chats regardless of the record being viewed.
2) Try and open a record where this component will show up
3) Error appears
Click the "OK" button and re-open the record
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.