Saving new Tasks in Service Console does not always complete. An asterisk still appears, even though the record is saved.
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2712951 ·Reported By 8 users
This looks to be a timing issue and happens when there is a call on the record type select page which marks the tab as dirty when it returns. This happens because it's taking too long for the call to return. If the user is able to select a record type and create the record before this request returns, the tab will get marked dirty even though it should be clean by that point.
The task is saved correctly so there's no data loss to worry about here. The user can navigate away without saving changes, or edit the record and save it again.
1) Create two record types for tasks
1b) Modify Page Layout for Account and add a highlight panel to the primary tab
2) Go to console and open an Account
3) Create a new task from the related list on the Account.
4) Select a record type and continue. Complete filling out task data and save the task.
6) You'll get to the new task and it will save successfully and the tab is clean.
7) Repeat and eventually you will see the tab is "dirty" and the asterisk remains.
You can edit+save the record again or choose "Don't Save" to the unsaved dialog box.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.