"Error:Hidden field value (not shown) duplicates value on record: " when a Process/WF attempts to change Record Owner to an Omni-Channel enabled Queue
Last updated 2022-02-10 ·Reference W-2737553 ·Reported By 42 users
When an entity's Owner field gets updated through a workflow/process to a Queue that is enabled for Omni-Channel, a uniqueness error is produced, like:
"Error:Hidden field value (not shown) duplicates value on record: "
0. In an org with access to both Omni-Channel and Process Builder
1. Enable omni-channel
2. Create a Service Channel for Leads
3. Create a Routing configuration
4. Create a Queue for Leads, and assign it the Routing Configuration created in #3
5. Using Process Builder, create a Process on 'Lead'. The process criteria can be anything (or no criteria). Add a Update Records action to update the Lead OwnerId to the Id of the Queue created in #4. Activate this Process.
6. Create a Lead that meets the criteria of the Process created in #5, or edit/save an existing Lead which will trigger that Process. Error occurs on save of that Lead.
Use an alternate method to assign records to Omni-Channel enabled Queues, such as Assignment Rules or Apex.
Reported By (42)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.