Unable to Clone or re-save Process that references Contact Field to update when two Person Account Record Types enabled
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-2217671 ·Reported By 68 users
Cloning or re-saving a process builder flow that has a reference to person account custom fields ( __pc ) throws an error like, "<customfield__c> for the object Account doesn't exist."
Enable Person Accounts
Create a Field on Contact Object
- Go to Setup--> Process Builder --> Create New process on Account.
- Add any criteria to the decision.
- Add a record update action to the criteria and select 'Account' as the object to update
- Select the contact custom field as a field to update and set any value on the field
- Save the Process
- Close and re-open the Process
- Try to save the process again and an error is thrown "customfield__c is not a valid field"
NOTE: We have noticed a similar issue with deploying Flows, and the fix for this bug would fix both the issues here, this is because opening a process in Process Builder, does count as a metadata retrieve of a Flow. If the Flow contains references to person account fields, it will be incorrectly retrieved.
- If you notice this error while deploying a flow, edit the person account field references in the metadata and then deploy.
- A possible workaround for re-saving a Process is to edit the criteria after the Process is opened, select the person account fields again, and then re-save. This is not an option for cloning however.
Reported By (68)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.