Unlock button missing for users if their profile contains a lockout period greater than the organization wide lockout period
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2950274 ·Reported By 2 users
If the "Lockout effective period" at the organization level is set to a smaller interval than the "Lockout effective period" at the Profile level it's possible that System Admins will not see the "Unlock" button after a user has been locked out after too many failed login attempts.
1. Login as a System Admin and go to Setup
2. Go to Security Controls | Password Policies
3. Set the "Lockout effective period" to 15 minutes and "Maximum invalid login attempts" to 3 then save the changes
4. Go to Manage Users | Profiles
5. Select a profile
6. Edit the profile and set the "Lockout effective period" to 30 minutes and save the changes
8. Logout as the System Admin
9. Try to login as the user that is assigned the Profile you updated, but use an incorrect password (do this three times, so that the account gets locked)
10. Wait 15 minutes then login as the System Admin and go to the user's detail page
You'll notice that the "Unlock" button is missing, but the user's account will still be locked. If the user attempts to reset their password they will get an email letting them know that their account is locked.
No workarounds at this time. The System Admin will need to reset the password for the user.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.