Sending email fails silently when using Email Publisher in Case Feed with Chatter Attachment
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-2821786 ·Reported By 10 users
* When a user sends an email using email publisher, and includes attachment that's a Chatter Attachment, the email send action fails silently
* No case feed item is created, the email is not sent, and no error message is displayed.
* Go to case feed of a case and use the publisher action to attach a File
* Find a file from your computer and upload it! It should generate a feed item
* Then go to Email Publisher, and try to compose an email - and click on the attachment icon to add an attachment.
* Make sure you go to "Chatter Attachments" and select the file you just uploaded.
* Then go ahead and click on "Send Email". If you're running on production org, there's a Duplicate Request Watcher or "ThreadWatcher" thread that goes around killing long running threads, and you should see your email send action fail silently (the Green "Send Email" button will turn gray for a little bit... and then it'll turn back to green, but there is no feed item about the email, and the to-address receiver does not receive an email).
* Instead of attaching files via publisher action on the case feed, and then attaching it to the email, a work-around is to drag-and-drop the file directly into the email publisher. This approach works successfully.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.