Workflow on Metric not firing when criteria is based on Progress
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2965965 ·Reported By 1 users
Workflow rules based on the Metrics progress will not fire if the rule is criteria based.
1. Create a Workflow Rule on the Metric object
2. Set the Evaluation criteria to "Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and every time it's edited"
3. Set the rule criteria to Metric: Progress greater or equal 100 -
4. Add a field update action to the workflow to set the Metric: Status to Completed
5. Create a new Metric of type Progress and set the progress to 0
6. Update the Metric and set the progress to 101
You'll notice that the field hasn't updated, as the Workflow wasn't executed.
As a workaround you can have your Workflow Rule calculate progress through a formula rather than referencing the Progress field directly:
1. Go to the Workflow and click the Edit button
2. Set "Run this rule if the following" to "formula evaluates to true"
3. Use the following formula:
((CurrentValue - InitialValue) / ( TargetValue - InitialValue )) >=1
In the formula above ((CurrentValue - InitialValue) / ( TargetValue - InitialValue )) is the Metric's progress where 0.5 would be 50% and 1 would be 100%.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.