Spring'16 Adding new trace files via developer console only accepts future time in GMT irrespective of system local time.
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2954554 ·Reported By 6 users
Spring'16 Adding new trace files via developer console only accepts future time in GMT irrespective of system local time. But when checked in under setup -> Logs -> Debug Logs we can see that the logs are set as per local system time again.
1. Login as the user.
2. Go to Developer console
3. Click on Debug -> Change Log Levels
4. Under 'General Settings for you' set 'Expiration' as some future time. (set 1 or 2 hours future time)
5. Click on Done.
6. Error will be popped out "ExpirationDate must be in the future"
Setting the Expiration time in GMT timezone to enable the traces.
If we are in PDT time zone.
1. Lets say current/system time is 9:00am PDT.
2. When we open the developer console and try to set the debug logs
3. Under 'General Settings for you' set 'Expiration' as some future time
4. Set the time as in accordance with GMT. as 5:30pm or 6:00pm in developer console and save it.
5. There are no errors seen.
6. When we go to setup-> logs-> debug logs.
We can see that the time is set to local time PDT as 9:30am or 10:00am (either which is set during the save)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.