Delegated user getting a false positive duplicate username on Customer portal users
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2875814 ·Reported By 4 users
Users receiving permission through a delegated group are receiving "Duplicate Username" errors when creating new community or portal users. Community and portal usernames are unique to the Org and should not be returning this error.
(Skip 1-4 if you've already enabled customer portal)
1. From Setup, enter Customer Portal Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Customer Portal Settings.
2. Click Edit.
3. Select Enable Customer Portal.
4. Click Save.
5. Create an Account.
6. Create a Contact for that account.
7. In the details page, click on Manage External button (Label will have a down arrow at the end), and choose "Enable Customer User"
8. In the New User page, provide all the details,
and select Role:"<Account Name> Customer User", User License: Customer Portal Manager, Profile: Customer Portal Manager Custom.
9. Click on save.
10. Create a User, with Role: "Customer Support, International", UserLicense: Salesforce, Profile: "Custom: Support Profile"
11. Assign this user as owner for the Account created at step 5.
12. Create a new user with Role: Channel Sales Team, UserLicense: Salesforce, Profile: Standard user
13. From Setup, enter Delegated Administration in the Quick Find box, then select Delegated Administration.
14. Click on "New" under Delegated Groups and create a new group (Just provide Group name and developer name). Click on save.
15. Navigate to this delegated group details page and add the user created at step 12 as an admin using Add button.
(At this point of time, if you try to edit the username of portal user created at step 8 to match with any username in a different org,
the edit will succeed without any issues.)
16. Switch back to Delegated group details page, and click on Add button under User Administration section to add a new role.
17. Select "Customer Support, International" which is the parent role for portal user's role (Role Name: <Account Name> Customer User)
18. Click save.
Now try to edit the username so that it matches with any other username in a different org.
You need to remove the user from the delegated group or the portal/community roles from the group.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.