Lightning Experience: Custom Links set to "Display in New Window" should open in a New Window
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2803870 ·Reported By 16 users
[Lighting Experience]: Custom Links set to "Display in New Window" open within the same tab.
Expected: The custom link should open in a new window.
1. Create a Custom Link in Opportunities (as an example)
Setup > Opportunity > Buttons, Links, and Actions > "New Button or Link".
- Display Type: Detail Page Link
- Behaviour: Display in new window
- Use any URL, for example: www.heroku.com
2. Add the Custom Link to the Object Page Layout
Setup > Opportunity > Page Layouts > Custom Links
3. Switch to Lightning Experience
4. Open an opportunity record and click on DETAILS
5. Find the custom link you created and click on it.
You should see that it redirect to the page in the same tab.
N/A or use Aloha Classic.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.