Delegated Administrators cannot reset password for Users
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2998663 ·Reported By 72 users
Delegated Administrators cannot reset password for Users. The "Reset Password" button is shown on the user page, but when the Designated Administrator clicks it, they got Insufficient Privileges error message.
1. Make sure you have role hierarchy defined. For example, CEO-CFO-US West Sales
2. Create a CFO user with standard profile.
3. Create a "US West Sales" user with standard profile.
4. Create a Delegated Administrator group in setup-Delegated Administrator. Add CFO user in "Delegated Administrators". Add "US West Sales" user to "User Admin".
5. Login as CFO user, go to the "US West Sales" user page. You will see "Reset Password" button. Click it will get insufficient privileges error.
None at this time
Reported By (72)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.