Rich Text Area field in Lightning Experience doesn't save the image.
Last updated 2017-04-14 ·Reference W-2996303 ·Reported By 1 users
When inserting an image in a Rich Text Area field in Lightning Experience, the image is not saved in the field unless you click anywhere in the screen right after inserting the image and before clicking save in the record.
1. Add a RichTextArea field to any object, e.g. Contact.
2. Create a record.
3. Open the detail page on Lightning Experience.
4. Edit the field using inline editing, insert the image without clicking other things, just hit "Save" immediately.
5. Notice that the image didn't get saved.
6. If you click anywhere in the screen and the undo icon show up, the image will be saved.
7. If you input anything after the image get inserted, the image and the input will get saved.
8. If you input anything first, then insert the image, without clicking anything just hit "Save", it will only save the input but not the image.
You need to click anywhere after inserting the image in order for it to be saved.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.