Lightning Experience returns error message instead the duplicate record warning message when using inline editing.
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2976088 ·Reported By 1 users
You may get an error message instead of the Duplicate record error message when editing records using inline editing in Lightning Experience.
1. Create a Matching Rule that checks for duplicate Account Names.
2. Create a Duplicate Rule for the Matching Rule.
3. Switch to Lightning Experience.
4. Open any account and change the Account Name using inline editing to an Account Name that already exist in the org.
5. Click Save.
6. You may received an error message similar to this one:
"Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details.Something has gone wrong."
You can edit the records in Lightning Experience using the Edit button instead of the inline editing.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.