"Hide on Detail" Setting in Custom Console Components Does Not Persist on Saving of Child Records
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2949647 ·Reported By 5 users
Related Lists that are displayed in Custom Console Components and should be hidden in Detail Pages are rendered in Detail Pages after a related child record is saved.
Part 1: Setup
1. Enable Admin as a “Service Cloud User”
2. Create a Console App (Setup | Create | Apps).
3. Create a new Feed-based Account Layout.
4. Edit the Layout created in Step 3.
5. In the layout editor, click on the “Custom Console Components” link at the top of the palette.
6. On the following screen, scroll down to the bottom-most “Bottom Sidebar” component.
7. Set the Style to “Tabs” , Height % to 20 and add 2 actions of Type: Related List
• Component: Cases | Hide on Detail: True | Label: Cases
• Component: Opportunities | Hide on Detail: True | Label: Opportunities
8. Click Save to exit the screen and Save again to exit the layout editor.
9. Make sure the layout is assigned to your logged-in user’s Profile.
Part 2: Testing
1. View any Account record.
2. Confirm the following:
• The bottom sidebar shows a component with Case and Opportunity tabs.
• The record’s Detail View has the Case and Opportunities related lists hidden.
3. Now, from the bottom component, click the New button for Cases or Opportunities.
4. Create and Save the new record with any details. The saved record should open in a subtab.
5. From the subtab, click the link/lookup back to the parent Account.
Parent Account layout remains as it was originally.
Related lists (Cases and Opportunities) previously hidden by the “Hide on Detail” setting are unexpectedly exposed upon Saving the child record.
The exposed lists revert back to hidden if the parent Account tab is closed and reopened.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.