Unable to install package on prerelease orgs directly from Appexchange
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2881567 ·Reported By 5 users
There is a known issue with installing a package directly from appexchange into pre-release orgs. E.g. Spring 16 orgs. Once you get past the appexchange login it goes directly to the org. On the package install page the error "Subscriber Package Version ID: data value too large" is shown. The install process is interpreting the package ID incorrectly at this time but there is a workaround listed below.
1. Go to any Appexchange Listing.
2. Click the Get it Now button and use your org/appexchange credentials to login.
3. Follow all defaults and enter in the org credentials.
4. The next page will show the package install page in your org.
5. Confirm which users should get access and click the install button.
6. The error below will appear:
Subscriber Package Version ID: data value too large: 04t...
On step 6 from the repro above there will be an ID starting with 04T etc. This is called the package ID number which makes each package unique. Use the link below and plug in the ID at the end:
This should take you to the old package install page in order to bypass the error.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.