Group Digests in Communities not honoring the "Show Nicknames Instead of Full Names in the Community" setting
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2877830 ·Reported By 2 users
"Show Nicknames Instead of Full Names in the Community" feature allows Nicknames to be shown in place of first and last names in almost all locations in the community, including in feeds, list views, groups, search results, recommendations, and on user profiles and files. Additionally, Salesforce1 and any community sites published using community templates show nicknames as well. However Chatter group Digests still shows the Full Names even when this setting is turned ON.
1. Enable the setting "Show Nicknames Instead of Full Names in the Community"
2. Create Chatter group and add community users.
3. Turn on Daily Digest for that group.
4. Have community users post on that group.
5. You will notice that the posts use the nicknames.
6. However when you check your daily digest email, you will see full names of the users being displayed on the chatter posts.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.