"View Setup and Configuration" permission in profile is needed to transfer records in LEX.
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2812245 ·Reported By 43 users
The permission "View Setup and Configuration" is required in the user profile in order to be able to transfer record ownership in the new lightning experience user interface.
1. Clone a standard profile and add all the necessary permissions to transfer records. Make sure "View Setup and Configuration" is not enable on that perm.
2. Assign that permission to a user.
3. Logged as that user, open any record in the classic user interface.
4. The user can transfer the record.
5. Switch to Lightning Experience.
6. Open the same record.
7. There is no link "Change record Owner" next to the "Record Owner" field.
8. Enable the perm "View Setup and Configuration" in the profile.
9. Open the same Record in the Lightning Experience user interface.
10. The link "Change Lead Owner" is available next to the "Lead Owner" field.
The affected users can still transfer Record using the classic user interface without the perm "View Setup and Configuration" in the profile.
Reported By (43)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.