Process fails to save or clone with "Unique Name: data value too large"
Last updated 2017-06-10 ·Reference W-2811859 ·Reported By 39 users
When using a Field Label of 28 characters or more we go above a limit of characters when saving an action.
1. Add a custom field to any object, with a field name length between 28 and 40 (the maximum), such as "X28CharactersInTheFieldLabel"
2. Create a process on above object with any criteria
3. Add a schedule with an action and choose "Update Records"
4. For the field, select the new custom field
5. Select formula as the type
6. Enter any valid formula for this field
At the moment the only alternative would be to reduce the number of characters of the Custom Field label.
Reported By (39)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.