Records for the custom object with no custom tab show up in the Recent Items list after restoring the record from the recycle bin
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2782123 ·Reported By 0 users
When you delete a custom object record which has no custom tab assigned to it, undeleting the record from the recycle bin puts that specific record at the top of the Recent Items list.
1) Create a custom object with no custom tab assigned to it
2) Create a lookup to the standard object (For eg Account, Contact, Lead etc) from this specific custom object
3) Add the related list for this custom object to the standard object page layout
4) Create a custom object record and make sure you have a lookup relationship to one of the standard objects.
5) Now go to the specific standard object record to which this custom object record looks up to, from the related list delete a specific record.
6) Go to the recycle bin, select the specific record that was deleted and restore it back by pressing "Undelete" Button.
7) On the left hand side of the home page check the "Recent Items" you will notice the custom object record that you just restored will be at the top of the list.
Note: The above can also be reproduced if the records are deleted using API tools such as Data loader.
No workaround at this time
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.