When editing a Person record, the renamed Suffix and Middle Name fields don't turn up as expected
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2401636 ·Reported By 2 users
Middle Name and Suffix Fields are available in person objects so that you can better represent the name of a person who’s associated with a record.
More about this feature: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=Middle-Name-and-Suffix-Fields&language=en_US
An issue has been reported where if you rename the labels of the fields, they won't show renamed in Edit mode.
1. Enable the "Allow Customizable Person Names" feature (to include MiddleName and Suffix).
2. In the Setup, go to Customize -> User Interface
3. Check on Enable Middle Names for Person Names and Enable Name Suffixes for Person Names
4. Go to Customize -> Tab Names and Labels -> Rename Tabs and Labels and click Edit on Contacts
5. Click Next -> Enter new labels for the Middle Name and Suffix fields -> Click Save
6. Go to view any Contact Record -> Double click on the value of the Name field -> You'll see a pop up inline edit window and the new labels for middle name and suffix
7. Now click on Edit on the Contact Record Page -> You'll go to the Edit UI Page
You see that the middle name and suffix labels aren't being shown
None at the moment.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.