Emails displayed in Compact Case Feed: clicking on links to attachments do not open in a new tab
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2401088 ·Reported By 17 users
When an org has (1) Compact Case Feed enabled, (2) My Domain set up, and (3) is using Console to view cases, Attachment links in Emails as rendered in Compact Case Feed do not respond to mouse clicking (i.e. the links do not open in a new tab, nor new browser, nor new console tab).
1. Enable My Domain
2. Enable Email to Case
3. Enable Salesforce Console
4. Enable Case Feed, and turn on "Enable Compact Feed View in the Console" in a Case Feed Layout
5. Go to the Console
6. Create a Case, and send an email with an Attachment from the Case
7. In the Case Feed, locate the email and click the link to the Attachment.
Result: Attachment is not opened; Link does not respond to being clicked.
1. Turn off Compact Feed View in the Console
2. Open the Email itself, then view the related Attachment
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.