Streaming API query does not return all fields for Profession Edition and Group Edition orgs
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2389516 ·Reported By 5 users
For Professional and Group Edition Orgs with API enabled, streaming API query does not returns all the fields. Cause of this issue is, API requires field level security check before it can return the fields for the query , and this check is not available for PE and GE Orgs. As per this documentation
FLS check should happen for the entity page layout of the context user, but in case of Streaming API, the process is the user and the check is unsuccessful.
1. Signup a Professional Edition Org with API enabled
2. Create a PushTopic using workbench :
Workbench -> queries -> Streaming Push Topics
Query: select id, phone from contact where phone='1234567890'
3. Subscribe to this "Push Topic"
4. In org, create a new Contact with phone number "1234567890"
5. Notice that no message received
6. Modify query as "select id, phone from contact"
7. Create another new Contact with phone number "123".
8. Message received, but without field "Phone"
No work-around is available.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.