Create By field on Content Detail page mistakenly reflects Author value after API update to Author value
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2348552 ·Reported By 5 users
After updating the OwnerID value on ContentDocument object via the API, the Created By field may also reflect the new value displayed in the Author field on the Content Details page. Although CreatedByID, under ContentDocument object, reflects the correct CreatedByID value via an API query, the Content Details page mistakenly reflects the Author value in the Create By field.
1. Create a new Content file.
2. Run Update call via API for file in step 1:
- ContentDocument object
- OwnerID field in csv file contains different value than respective OwnerID for Author field on Content Details page
- User running the Update call should not be the UserID identified in the OwnerID field in the csv file
3. Refresh Content Details page for Content file in question
- Author field displays updated name (expected behavior)
- Created By field displays same name as Author field (unexpected behavior)
Continue to leverage the correct CreatedByID value, under ContentDocument object, via an API query.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.