Unable to search for Users in communities despite sharing access being extended
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2349975 ·Reported By 3 users
Some customers may have observed that their community users aren't able to search for each other despite sharing access being extended.
They can however access each other's profile/user record should they plug in the record id in the URL.
R&D is aware and is working on a fix to address this issue
1. Go to a contact record
2. Click on Manage External User and click on Login in to Community as user
3. Click on the People's tab Or search for a community user using the global search.
4. You will get no results
5. Plug the record id at the end of the URL such as salesforce.com/005d0000000xXxX
6. You will be able to see the record.
- Enable “Community user visibility" under Setup>Administer>Security Controls>Sharing Settings>Edit>User Visibility Settings>Community User Visibility = True ( this may open access to all users)
-Parent relevant contacts to a single parent ID so that they can see each other.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.