Delegated Admins cannot mass reset passwords
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2329485 ·Reported By 5 users
Pre Summer 14 when a Delegated Administrator navigated to the user view (Set-up -> Administration Setup -> Manage User -> Users) they could view a check boxes next to each of the users they managed. This allowed them to select the users in bulk, and bulk reset passwords (using the reset password button at the top of the page)
Post Summer 14 the check-boxes are no longer visible for the delegated administrator. They can still reset passwords individually, but not in bulk.
1. Log into an org as Delegated Admin
2. Click on "Setup"
3. Navigate to: Administration Setup -> Manage User -> Users
4. Note how there are no checkboxes next to the user
There are two possible workarounds:
- The Delegated Admin individually resets passwords of the user
- You turn on the user perm "Reset User Passwords and Unlock Users" for the Delegated Admin, which will them allow them to mass reset passwords
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.