"Sales Price" & "Quantity" fields being required - "Supply default opportunity line item values" feature behaves different in Summer '14
Last updated 2017-10-14 ·Reference W-2462289 ·Reported By 13 users
The feature "Supply default opportunity line item values" shows different behavior in Summer '14 than it was showing previously.
Now we can only remove the "requiredness" of the "Sales Price" and "Quantity" fields if we completely remove the fields from the page layout. Previously we could retain them in the page layout but remove them from the muliline edit layout.
1. Create an Opportunity and add a couple of Products.
2. Click on Opportunity -> Product -> Page Layout and notice that both fields ("Sales Price" and "Quantity") are selected.
3. Click on "Edit Multi-Line Layout" link on the top of this Page Layout.
In the "Selected Fields" section retain only Product and Quantity.
5. Now click on "Edit All" button in the products related list on the Opportunity.
6. Notice that you will see Product, Quantity, and Sales price.
The only way to make "Sales Price" and "Quantity" optional in Summer '14 is actually by removing them in the Opportunity Product page layout.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.