Opportunity Split owner does not update
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2322696 ·Reported By 0 users
If as user attempts to update Opportunity owners through the api and any of the records in a batch fail due to a validation rule other records in that batch that updated their owner's successfully will not have the related opportunity split owner to the new owner as well as expected.
1. Create two test records.
2. Create a validation rule which one of the two records will fail and leave it disabled for now.
3. Update the owners of the two records using an api tool like Data Loader, if you look at the related opportunity splits the new owner will be listed there as well for both.
4. Enable the validation rule.
5. Update the owner's again using a tool like Data Loader, one record should update, the other should fail due to the rule.
6. View the record that updated, the opportunity split will still be assigned to the previous owner.
Make sure all records to be updated will pass validation beforehand or update the affected split records afterwards.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.