API queries on *Share objects, filtering on the target of a criteria-based sharing rule, never returns any results
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2302106 ·Reported By 3 users
When running API queries on share tables (i.e. OpportunityShare), filtering on the target of a criteria-based sharing rule, never returns any results.
1. Create a criteria-based sharing rule on Opportunity (could be other object)
2. Create an Opportunity to satisfy rule created in Step #1
3. Run the following query to fetch the UserorGroupId.
select RowCause, UserOrGroupId From Opportunity WHERE ParentId = <ParentId>
4. Use the UserorGroupId from Step 3 and run the following query using Data Loader or any other API tool:
Select RowCause, ParentId, UserOrGroupId From OpportunityShare WHERE UserOrGroupId = <UserGroupId>
5. It will NOT return any criteria-based sharing rows written for the corresponding rule
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.