Community users without Knowledge One perm cannot access Knowledge home
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2301742 ·Reported By 1 users
Some users have observed that they get the following error message when logging in as community users whose default tab is set to Articles:
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.
This only happens under the following scenarios:
- Default tab in community is set to Articles
- Knowledge one perm is disabled on the community user profile.
- When community user log's in using their credentials
The URL associated to this error message would look something similar to this:
1. Enable Knowledge in an org.
2. Set up a Communities site on this org.
3. In the Communities Tabs & Pages setup, set Articles as the default home page (by putting it at the top of the list on the right)
4. When setting up the Community User Profile, make sure this profile does *not* have "Knowledge One" checked.
5.Setup a Community User
6. Go to the community login page:
7. Login as the community user using credentials.
- Enable the Knowledge One perm on the community users profile.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.