Users with "Manage External Users" receive Insufficient Privileges when changing the Account on a Partner enabled Contact.
Last updated 2015-09-03 ·Reference W-2291649 ·Reported By 7 users
Users with "Manage External Users" permission, and without "Manage Users" permission, receive Insufficient Privileges when changing the Account on a Partner enabled Contact.
1) Create a standard user.
2) Give this user "Manage External Users" permission via profile or permission set.
3) Create an account "Account1" and enable account as partner
4) Create another account "Account2", enable this account as partner
5) Create a contact with "Account1" as parent, enable this contact as partner user
6) Make sure std user has permission to edit the contact created in Setp 5, and read access to both "Account1" and "Account2"
7) Login as std user in to the org
8) Navigate to the contact created in step 5
9) Click edit. Change account from "Account1" to "Account2" and Save
Notice that Inusfficient privileged show up.
As per the documentation, user with "Manage external users" permission should be able to transfer partner contacts.
Either grant the User "Manage Users", or have an Administrator (or other user who has "Manage Users") change the Account on the Partner enabled Contact.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.