FLS of a custom field is not set during a package upgrade if a field having the same name exists
Last updated 2017-04-19 ·Reference W-2293422 ·Reported By 4 users
FLS of a custom field of a managed package are not set during the package upgrade if the custom field which has been newly added to the managed package has the same name as an existing custom field which has been created on a subscriber org.
1. In a DE org, create a custom object, add it to a managed package and release it.
2. Install the package in any org.
3. In the packaging org, create a new custom field on the custom object which is contained in the managed package. Upload a new released version.
4. In the subscriber org, create a custom field on the installed custom object. The field name has to be same as the one created at the previous step, and make this field visible to all profiles in the org.
5. Upgrade the package in the subscriber org, and select "Grant access to all users" at the "Choose security level" step.
6. Review the FLS of the custom field contained in the managed package which has just installed. You will notice that it is not visible for any profile even though "grant access to all users" was selected in the installation.
Set FLS after package installation.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.