Change set validate/deploy fails with error "invalid parameter value" if it contains a profile with View All Data permission
Last updated 2016-12-08 ·Reference W-2250905 ·Reported By 95 users
Change set validate/deploy fails with error "invalid parameter value" if it contains a profile with View All Data permission.
1. Clone the "Standard User" profile.
2. Create a new custom object (an existing one is fine).
3. Edit the new profile, and grant the "View All Data" permission; Also make sure that it has "Read" and "View All" CRUD perms (it should automatically have them) to the custom object created in step 2.
4. Create a new outbound change set.
5. Add your custom object to it
6. Add your cloned profile to it (in the "Profile Settings For Included Components" section)
7. Upload the change set.
8. On the connected/destination org, attempt to validate/deploy the change set
Remove "View All Data" permission from the profile, deploy, and then add it back in the destination org.
Reported By (95)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.